Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Proven.

first things first...I've never been one to give myself away, although I'm so Gawd dang open as a person, I've always held my heart real close to home, so what I'm 'bout to do is huge...I not only got myself a brand new email addy, but I'm making it public.... Lawrence.Jacob@pure-yoga.com ... use-it...really, tell me your thoughts, your concerns, or your need for a Yoga teacher that sees the world through the eyes of a Hip-Hop loving poetic, soul.
In fact, I'd like to continue...spreading my cyber prints to those that come across-it, but I realize that the website that most access it from, Yaletown Yoga's sight, is bound for an update soon. With all the amazing new teachers coming through those doors, and my new home being in Asia(my heart just sank), it's just a matter of time before my pretty mug is removed, and with that the link to this blog disappearing. So please peeps, send some ideas, of other sights i can link to, and other outlets to get my words to you....I will to have a GOBEEFREE website eventually, but in the mean time this is the start of something special, and it needs a chance to grow, a chance to be nurtured and in all honesty...honesty represents the one who speaks it best...any influences otherwise direct the truth towards indifference, and if you ask me nothing can be more useless and boring then indifference, as my favourite acting teacher taught me for 2 long uncomfortable years, "Have an Opinion"...that's Yoga.

This in itself is an interesting topic to engage in...especially when one's opinion messes with the plans of others...
Becoming the you that you already are, involves recreating yourself, yet not in the sense that the media talks about how Madonna contours to recreate herself, we are so much deeper then a costume change, it's true that our identity is expressed through the manifestation of our words and fashion but how it's brought out is ultimately about what we stand for...
so what do you stand for?
what are you willing to give(or give up) to get the truth out of yourself.
My road to Hong Kong came through so much battle with myself, with people in my life that felt comfortable with who I was to them. These people helped create a stage for my maturity, a stage that was big enough for me to grow in, but the safety of that crib became too stifled to flourish from. When I listened deeply to truths about myself, and what served me, in more ways then one I had to move away from what was the "home" of the moment, those comfort zone's weren't exclusive to cities, or jobs, but became about vision, and creativity.
Art is the ultimate Opinion; and when a seeds has enough courage to flourish beyond what the pot can support, allot of times the pot knows they can't grow at the same rate as the seed, and fears how that recreates their design...
When your soul longs to evolve....the universe will do everything in it's power to stop it, so the soul can prove it's worth.
Proven
LJ
HK
Nov 21 2007

1 comment:

Tinsel said...

Hey LJ,
It's Ann Marie writing from YVR. Just bumped into your blog thru YY. We really missed your graceful presence - both as a teacher, and as a fellow student at the Immersion. Elissa and Christine were great and the Immersion rocked, wish you were here...
Anyways, just checkin in to say Hi, and to see how things are with your new life in HK! I'll be back in March so I'll probably pop into one of your classes at Pure one day! Take care and Luv ,AM